Friday, February 25, 2011

Felt Problem SOLVED!

http://katie-does.blogspot.com/2011/01/experimenting-with-my-cricut.htmlRemember a few posts ago about the horrible time I was having cutting felt with my cricut? How it SORT OF worked the first time but was a huge mess the second go round? Well, I've RESOLVED that problem. This is a major coup for my Mental Health Day!



Isn't it pretty! I'll explain the difference after the cut.
It all boils down (I presume) to the thickness of the felt. I tried some felt I picked up today at Joann's (grand opening! Hello $10 gift card + $20 gift card from my mom + 50% off coupon). It's much sturdier. Here, I took pictures to demonstrate between it and the felt I used from Michael's before.


See, it's all floppy whereas the Joann's felt isn't. VICTORY.



Don't the felt letters look so much better?!  I used whatever settings were currently on the machines + deep cut blade + multi cut 2.



I've also cut out more pieces of an apron and my buggy cover for my sister. It's probably what I'm going to make later. I intended to make the aprons, but it requires bias tape which I forgot to grab (alas!). I have yet to decide if I want to buy it or MAKE IT. It's gonna at least give me the opportunity to test out my bias binding foot!

Now, off to walk the dog. Hopefully I have something new to show you and have lost more weight after my 2nd boot camp session tomorrow. Oh, and for the most part, I GOT THROUGH A SPIN CLASS.

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment