Tuesday, September 6, 2011

[Halloween] Coffin Treat Boxes

I'm prototyping treat boxes for my Halloween party. Here's the coffin box I made with my Happy Hauntings cricut cartridge
Prototype #1


Bottom of Prototype #1
 Apparently there are 2 tops and 2 bottoms. At first, I used the 2 bottoms. But after inspection on the internet, I think that's what most people do.

Prototype #2
Prototype #2 is the top and bottom both done on "fit to page" on 8.5x11 sheets of cardstock. See how much bigger the lid is? I tried to find the right size and it was still problematic.

Prototype #3

I'm like the goldilocks of coffin treat boxes. The first one was too small, the second was too big, but the third was JUST RIGHT. I googled the hell out of this treat box (see what I did there, since it's a coffin?).  Best suggestion I found was to use a 12x12 sheet, do both images and set both to fit to page. And wala...a bottom and top that fit together properly. 

Then I busted out the waltzing mouse stamps from before and the Tim Holtz distress ink to make seals for them. Just to see how it looked on top, I stuck one up there. But I liked the purple/green/orange ones better than the "distressed" one. I also stamped "from my kitchen" in white, but it didn't work so well on an already assembled box. In fact, I couldn't ever get a good stamp of that one. 

I'll be all Martha Stewart on them later and have rafia for them to be tied together with. I would pre-do them all, but the idea is to have a candy buffet and everyone can take some home!



Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment