Sunday, January 23, 2011

Waiting Room Observations

It's been a few days and I'm absolutely amazed at how well I can see. Whoever figured out you can do this is a GENIUS and deserves every penny they make off it. I can't believe I'm typing this without contacts or glasses!

If you've been following my twitter, you might know some of the more humorous aspects, like my adventures with the goggles.

But the hilarious thing (to me anyway) that I haven't even mentioned there was the waiting room. Both of my parents took me to my many appointments Friday (I try to put as many things on one day so I can take fewer days off work) and our behavior in waiting rooms was downright comical. Mom was reading Dad's kindle most of the time. Dad bounced back and forth from arranging flights for his job on his cell phone to playing angry birds.

What was I doing while my parents were so immersed in technology? Sewing. I took my homemade bento bag from this tutorial, filled it with ribbon, a needle and thread, pins, and scissors and made fabric flowers while I waited. Every appointment I managed to make 2.

I've only got one piece of ribbon left as I've continued while I've recovered. I'm cleared to drive but the sun hurts, so here I sit...in my parent's living room...sewing.

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment